Cross Country News
XC Athletes of the Week - Week 2
Week #2 (9/17 - 9/23/10)
Male Athlete of the Week
Seth Pierson (Everett, Sophomore)
-- Event: 8 Kilometer Cross Country; Mark: 25:45 at Sundodger
- "Strong performance for seemingly his first meet of the season."
- "He ran a smart race and finished with a great time, showing that his hard work has paid off."
- "Looks like Seth put in some mileage this summer, big PR."
- "Wow! With that kind of time this early in the season he'll be pushing sub 25:00 by NWAACC!"
- "Seth set a new personal record by 38 seconds and was the top NWAACC competitor at Sundodger where he placed 20th overall in a very competitive field."
Female Athlete of the Week
Holly Meler (Clark, Freshman)
-- Event: 5 Kilometer Cross Country; Mark: 18:35 at Orange Coast XC Classic
- "Great mark for the second meet of the year."
- "A 42 second drop in time from last week's race. Led the Clark Women's Team to a second place finish behind California's top CC team."
Previous Cross Country Atheletes of the Week
Week 1 (view)
Male: Joe Berger, Green River, Freshman
Female: Briel Thoune, Clark, Freshman