Cross Country News
XC Athletes of the Week - Week 3
Week #3 (9/24 - 9/30/10)
Male Athlete of the Week
Anthony Brown (Spokane, Sophomore)
-- Event: 8 Kilometer Cross Country; Mark: 25:23 at Erik Anderson Invite
- "Impressive time for the first race of his season."
- "Anthony finished fourth in his first meet of the year against WSU, Gonzaga, Whitworth, Lewis-Clark State College. In the process he ran 47 seconds faster than last year. Anthony ran with the top 3 from WSU for the whole race including Andrew Kimpel (2010 USA Jr. XC World Team)."
- "Another contender for the individual NWAACC title."
- "Finished right in with a bunch of DI guys"
Female Co-Athletes of the Week
Rachel Jensen (Lane, Freshman)
-- Event: 6 Kilometer Cross Country; Mark: 24:08 at Linfield Preview
- "A 5th place finish with several four year schools in attendance."
- "First 6k ever. Started at back of pack with team, moved up entire time."
Shelby Leimbach (Green River, Freshman)
-- Event: 6 Kilometer Cross Country; Mark: 24:51 at St. Martins Invite
- "Shelby has been the consistent #1 runner in all three meets so far this season for a much improved Green River program."
Previous Cross Country Atheletes of the Week
Week 2 (view)
Male: Seth Pierson, Everett, Sophomore
Female: Holly Meler, Clark, Freshman
Week 1 (view)
Male: Joe Berger, Green River, Freshman
Female: Briel Thoune, Clark, Freshman