News on Former NWAACC Standouts
Five players who began their college basketball experience in the NWAACC at Clackamas Community College have competed well on the floor and in the classroom since. All five players began their college academic experience at CCC and now all five are on track to earn their bachelor’s degrees by this spring! Congratulations to these seniors:
1. At Oregon State University, Kevin McShane is a 3 year team captain whose team beat Pac 12 champs Washington; still in post season play in CBI.
2. At Portland State University, Chehales Tapscott led his team into post season play, was 1st team all-Big Sky, led league in rebounding and among league leaders in several other categories.
3. At Hawaii Hilo University, Zach Wilde was a team captain and honorable mention all-conference. He is pursuing a coaching career, possibly in the NWAACC.
4. At Seattle Pacific University, Jeff Dorman played on one of the top ranked NCAA Division II teams in America; The Falcons beat the University of Arizona in preseason, shocking the college basketball world.
5. At Concordia University in Portland, Austin Dunn started and helped his team to a successful season. The Cavaliers beat 2012 NAIA National Champions OIT this season.
Mt. Hood softball alumni Ashley Lokey was selected a the Academy of Art University's Athelete of the Week
The hits kept coming for senior outfielder Ashley Lokey this past week. Now batting .400 on the season, Lokey offered two multi-hit games in the four-game series with Dixie State and one against Cal State Stanislaus earlier in the week to finish currently riding a six-game hit streak (10-for-19). She also had two home runs (both on day one versus Dixie), two triples (one in her 3-for-4 performance at Stanislaus and one in the series finale with DSC, and two doubles.
Copyright © 2013 Northwest Association of Community Colleges. All rights reserved.