Track & Field News
NWAACC Track & Field Athletes of the Week #4
Kennedy Sarmiento (Spokane, Sophomore)
-- Event: 400m; Mark: 51.95, Event: 400m Hurdles; Mark: 56.25 at Whitworth Buc Invitational
- "Kennedy ran a lifetime PR in the 400m hurdles. He ran three 400s that day over a period of 3 1/2 hours including the open and relay races in addition to his winning hurdles race."
Maurice Enis (Olympic, Freshman)
-- Event: 200m; Mark: 22.81, Event: 400m; Mark: 51.50 at Peyton Invitational, University of Puget Sound
- "Great double and times!"
Malaki Seanoa (Everett, Sophomore)
-- Event: Javelin; Mark: 61.46/201' 8" at Club Northwest Spring Break Open
- "Great throw! Only 1 1/2 feet below his 3rd place throw at last season's championship."
Shayle Dezellem, Ebony Barnes, Jessika Hardgrove, Zhitaya Garrett (Spokane)
-- Event: 4x100m Relay; Mark: 50.48 at Whitworth Scoring Invitational
- "Two wins in first two meets: 50.12 and 50.48."
Shayle Dezellem (Spokane, Sophomore)
-- Event: Heptathlon; Mark: 4283 at Whitworth Multi-Buc Scoring Invite
- "She's back where she left off from last year. Great Heptathlon!"
- "PRs in the high jump and shot put propelled Shayle to her win where she bettered her 2011 NWAACC Championship mark."
- "Defending Hep champ, looks to be the strong favorite to repeat...and ran the 400IH at the same meet!"