Track & Field News
NWAACC Track & Field Athletes of the Week #10
Branden Helms (Lane, Freshman)
-- Event: 100m; Mark: 10.79, Event: 200m; Mark: 21.78, Event: 4x100m Relay; Mark: 41.89 at Oregon Twilight
- "NWAACC leading marks in the 100, 200 and 4x100m relay."
David Formolo (Lane, Sophomore)
-- Event: Decathlon; Mark: 6177, Event: High Jump; Mark: 6'2", Event: Long Jump; Mark: 21'05.5", Event: Pole Vault; Mark: 14'07" at NWAACC Multi Event Championship
- "Solid Meet! NWAACC Champ! Performed especially well in the jumps."
- "Great meet for him. Won the event."
Kaitlin Fisher (Everett, Freshman)
-- Event: 800m; Mark: 2:15.52, Event: 800m; Mark: 2:17.71 at WWU Twilight/UO Twilight
- "Kaitlin improved her personal record in the 800m over the weekend by 6 seconds and is now the NWAACC leader in the event. At the WWU Twilight on Friday, she posted the NWAACC leading 800m time of 2:17.71. At the Oregon Twilight the following day, she was pulled into the race as an alternate and despite not knowing she would race until within 5 minutes of the start, dropped two more seconds to 2:15.52."
Emma Buchholz (Clackamas, Sophomore)
-- Event: Javelin; Mark: 154'8" at NWAACC Multi Championships
- "#2 junior college mark in the country thrown in the next-to-last event in a heptathlon. Broke the NWAACC heptathlon javelin record."
Irene Moore (Olympic, Sophomore)
-- at NWAACC Multi Championships
- "Irene placed 3rd and achieved All-American honors in the NWAACC Multi-Events Championships Heptathlon. With a determined effort in the final event of the day, the 800M run, Irene moved up from 6th place overall to capture the #3 place in the meet scoring 3,918 total points. She was in 8th place after the first day’s competition. First ever All-American Hep competitor for Olympic."